Monday, February 9, 2009

Technology in the Library

A patron called looking for the song "Blue Prelude" (found in book entitled Sammy Kaye's musical memories - call number [MUSIC] Q 784 S). Tried faxing it to her, twice, but her number was busy. She called back fifteen minutes later; a problem with her fax machine. Could I fax it to her library, North Bellmore? Of course. When I started to dial the library to alert them, I relalized I did not know her name. So I got on whitepages.com, did a reverse lookup on her number, and got the name Norman Perkins. Then got on Millenium and looked up Norman Perkins; copied his address and looked up the address: two names appeared, Norman and Sonya. Faxed music and a cover sheet, on the latter writing that Mrs. Sonya Perkins would pick up the sheet music. Voila.

No comments: