Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Trigun


A young man called, and asked for Trigun. I have never heard of the word; luckily the OPAC has entries. Its a series of graphic novels, as well as a set of DVDs based thereon (Based on the comic by Yasuhiro Nightow.). The record shows this summary: This DVD contains 26 episodes total. This box set contains English and Japanese dialogue with English subtitles. In the distant future... on a desert planet...there is a legendary gunman. His names is Vash the Stampede. A gunslinger so dangerous, a $60,000,000,000 reward has been placed on his head!.

When I told him that only the Bethpage Library owns the DVD series, he said, oh, okay, and started to say goodbye. I did tell him we could interloan it, and he asked how long that would take. Three to five business days, I responded. Never mind, he said. WOuld you like their phone number? I asked. No, he said, I can get it online.

Left me baffled.

No comments: