Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Noise policy

She called again. Yes, the same woman. This time she asked: "that area on the first floor, in the rear, where there overstuffed couches [ed: there are actually overstuffed chairs] and three tables, are people allowed to speak back and forth about a project?"

"We do allow people to speak back there," I answered, adding, "what they talk about is their choice."

"Well, don't you think it would be a good policy to post a sign back there?" she began to ask.

"If you wish to suggest a policy, I can transfer you to Administration," I interjected.

"Excuse me, can you let me finish my sentence?"

"I can not do such a thing. Policies are handled by Administration; I would be glad to transfer you," I said, and began reaching for the phone pad.

"It's very rude that you interrupted me," she lectured. "You should really let me finish my sentence, and as you are not letting me finish my sentence, I see no use in speaking with you."

Click.

No comments: