Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Search power

It's easy to become jaded, or complacent, about the depth and volume of information available at the click of a button or the push of a key, yet, every once in a while, I am reminded that there is indeed an immense amount of digital information available.

I've been listening to a CD: Big Joe Turner's Greatest Hits. The listing of personnel for different tracks has some entries of "unknown", and I wanted to see if I could get deeper than that. I entered a search statement in Google: new york november 3, 1955 joe turner session. First hit was Atlantic Records Discography: 1955 - session index. It's part of the Jazz Discography Project.

Unfortunately, it does not include any further information than what the CD sleeve has; nonetheless, it is really neat that that information is online.

No comments: