Wednesday, January 6, 2010

That patron, again

The woman with the whiny voice called just after 5pm, and asked about Harold Holzer.

"He's a Lincoln scholar, but that's all I know."

"What is it that you'd like to know about him?" I asked. Everyone deserves to be asked.

"What his politics are," she whined.

"Well, I'm not sure I can find that out, but I'll try. Hold on." I googled him, and the usual information appeared in numerous places: Lincoln scholar, VP at the Metropolitan Museum., member of the Lincoln Bicentennial Commission.

"I haven't been able to find anything about his politics," I told her after a few minutes.

"That sort of information is listed in Who's Who," she offered.

Skeptically, I walked over to get the Reference book. Last year we have it for is 2007. I went online, but it's a pay subscription. Then I went to HWPL.org and found it:Biography Resource Center and Marquis Who's Who. I searched for Holzer, Harold, and found a biography of him. In the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, the damning evidence: Politics: Democrat.

"He's registered as a Democrat."
"I thought so," she droned, condemning the slob to that special purgatory she reserves for those she dislikes, which are many.

No comments: